Today we will show you how to draw one of Gru’s Minions…his name is Dave. He is caring, smart, and funny. He also has hair on the top of his head and has 2 eyes. Today we will show you how to draw Dave the Minion in easy to follow steps….we break down each step into basic shapes that you can understand and mimic.
How to Draw Dave … one of the Minions from Despicable Me Drawing Tutorial
Draw an upside down letter ‘U’ shape that is very tall. Draw a guideline thru the center.
– Draw a circle for each eye…they are overlapping eachother.
– Draw a #5-like shape on both sides of Minion. And draw a letter ‘U’ shape in the center.
– Draw the legs.
Draw a bunch of circles….and also draw inward curved lines for legs.
– Lightly draw a square on its side (a diamond) inside the pocket.
– Draw letter ‘J’-like shapes at the bottom of the Minion.
– Draw 2 lines for each strap.
– Also draw a few more shapes.
– Draw curved lines for hair.
– Draw a ?-like shape and a #3-like shape on each hand.
– Draw sideways ?-like shapes at the feet.
– Turn the shape in the pocket into a letter ‘G’.
– Draw some basic shapes.
Finished Drawing of Dave the Minion
– Draw inward curved lines within the glasses.
– Erase guidelines and darken the important lines.
There you go…you have an adorable Minion….this one is named Dave! Come back and learn how to draw more characters!